Monday, May 08, 2006

Dimanche

hello everybody! the plane ride was great. this nice guy sitting next to me said he did the Explore program to learn English and that his daughter was gonna learn English through the Explore program in Nova Scotia this summer. =) He said he'd give me my first French lesson and told me what CEGEP meant. XD I locked myself out of my room this morning but I knew that I should call Security since that happens to Claire all the time. Then I had to explain my predicament to the guy who answered the phone in French. Now I know how ESL students feel. >.< They sent this nice lady to unlock the door for me and she spoke English! (Cue «Water Music» by Handel). My dear roommate Christina and i discovered that there`s no wireless internet at our dorm. *-_- i'm in the computer lab at UQTR now. there are many computer labs on campus, and they`re open 24 hours a day, so we're fortunate in that regard. we can still speak English here until tomorrow, then the Hitler/Stalin-esque Je parle français en tout temps et en tout lieu (I speak French at all times and in all places) rule is in effect. If you get caught speaking French, you get a carte rouge (red card) and have to memorize a French poem to get it taken back. XD Christina and I have are going to a tour of the campus at 13:00 (since in Quebecois French, you use army time), then we are gonna get our ID pictures taken & go grocery shopping. XD Fortunately, Christina knows Trois-Rivieres quite well, and there's supposedly a Looney/Tooney store nearby. =D Hopefully I'll be able to go to Mass today too... Christina's from Sudbury, so she drove in on Friday & got to go on a wee tour of the old churches around here. I haven`t gotten to call Fr. Bruyere yet, though I really do want to visit the shrine for Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha. Christina brought a plushie raccoon and a My Little Pony doll! ^^ *lightbulb* You can find pictures of our dorm on the UQTR website (http://www.uqtr.ca). They`re the kind of pinky-red buildings with a payphone in front of them. XD

<3 br="" carmela="">
PS. Dad, I tried to call you just before I went to sleep last night & followed the instructions for making a call from my room phone using a calling card & the calling card number was busy.

0 comments: