Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What I Miss about the EIF at Trois-Rivières

What I really miss from Trois-Rivères/the EIF (in no particular order) are speaking French, springtime weather in Quebec (the wind!), the animateurs, our activities at school, the Info-Weekends, my top-floor apartment (especially the shower and my dorm room... the bed and the bedsheets as weird as that sounds ...and having nothing but my bare essentials in my room), my roommates and friends, Sarah's cooking, having no TV and just watching movies on a laptop, having a regular sleeping pattern (I always slept at midnight and woke up at 7, in an effort to have a regular body clock upon my return to Vancouver), having motivation to get up in the morning (not wanting to be late for breakfast at the caf & my 8:30 class), eating balanced meals at the caf (though I must admit, the food was not for gourmet tastebuds, I had a way more balanced diet back at the caf than I do now), the hearty breakfasts at the caf (especially the breakfast specials; I hardly eat anything for breakfast here), the UQTR campus, eating with my friends (especially Phil and Clive - you guys are hilarious!), the city of Trois-Rivières, and not having to worry about course registration or money or anything aside from getting my homework done.

0 comments: