Thursday, March 04, 2010

VVL Workforce Party

I got to the Village just in time to get all the food (and dessert ie. cake and strawberry ice cream) I wanted. We had goodbye hugs from everyone who left right after dinner. I got lotsa hugs from Robbie. He said he'll miss my cute little voice and said that I'm one of his favourites. Stephen gave a me a Team GB shirt :D , an "extra drink ticket" (he didn't take my drink ticket 'cause I "made everyone chuckle"), extra tea towels, and a Miga doll.

Stephen: *looking out from the shift gift area* Is Carmela still out there?
Me: *enthusiastically* Here I am! :D *waves and runs over*
Stephen: *hands me a Miga doll* Here you go.
Me: *big grin*
Stephen: Go on now, [go home,] bye.

Those of us who remained proceeded to The Sin Bin. We sat in the VIP Room with the Parking crew and got to watch the hockey game and listen to music. We introduced Monika to yam fries. She said if I need a reference letter I just have to email her. :D She said I can visit at VVL anytime I want during the Paralympics. I just have to let her know in advance. Will and I talked hockey e.g. about how I played like Jannik Hansen and about how Jannik Hansen was a fast skater and could be really good after another year of development. Will, Erin, and Collin were quite amused that I like the Red Wings. I told 'em I appreciate good, exciting, run-and-gun, fast-paced hockey. :) I told Will I loved the story of him and the woman he reunited with after 28 years. :D He and Erin were quite amused at how I looked up at them intently. I just wanted to a turn to say bye to Will. 0 = ) Will gave me a warm hug bye after we made sure we were covered (bill-wise). Erin generously paid for my food and drink despite my attempts to add bills to the pile 'cause "[I'm] a starving student."

Angela and I told Monika we like her Villages Team jacket with a heart on it. Monika and Erin gave me a hug bye. Roger told me to keep smiling and gave me a hug bye too.

I'll miss everyone from our Olympic Transportation team. We're gonna keep in touch via email. :D