Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 9 at VVL

I got my shift gift today: a silver Birk's keychain in a lovely light turquoise box. :D

Celebrity Sightings:
Ryan Reynolds at the car wash on 2nd and Quebec :D
Ryan Miller
Ryan Kesler
Jarkko Ruutu
Olli Jokinen
Tim Thomas
Team USA Men's Ice Hockey
Patrick Kane ("Bonjour Mr. Kane" *grumpy wave from 20 Cent*)
Sergei Federov
Pavel Datsiuk!!! :D
the Latvian men's hockey team (arrived from Whistler. They smiled at me). :D
cute little French figure skater and her partner
kind French figure skaters and their coach :D ("Bon soir." "Bon soir.")
kind Swiss and French snowboarders & skiers :D ("Bon soir." "Bon soir.")
Ryan Miller again ("Good evening. :D" "Hey. :)")


Terrance says I'm like this little cartoon mouse who's smart, talks fast, carries books, and wears glasses (and earmuffs in the winter).

Tito Mon thinks he means Brain from Pinky and the Brain.

I think he means the little guy from The Great Mouse Detective, Theresa from The Secret of NIMH, Snoopy, Chip and Dale, or Woodstock.

I'm starting to think he means Gadget from Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers.




J'aime les conducteurs quebecois who call me Lady Marianne. :)

*Marco sings "Moon River"* lol.

*other driver hums un chanson francais*

*we stand between the busses*
me: There's Ryan Miller! Il est beau. :) I think he saw us! He'll be like, "That little girl was looking at me."
Marco: lol. He's very skinny. Maybe 'cause he's very tall.
me: He's 6'2"; 160. Actually he gained weight. He's now 170. XD
Marco: Yeah, he'll think, "That woman was looking at me." lol. Tu le trouve beau? lol!
me: Yup... He's quite good-looking. His face is weird. One side is lower than the other. There are better-looking guys around here.
Marco: You mean me? No... lol.
me: Bien sur. Tu est plus beau. :) His face is lopsided.
Marco: Tu es tres drole! lol!! *tells other driver* Elle est tres drole. *to me* You are very natural. You don't need to smoke to have fun. lol. He's very skinny. He's tall.
Other bus driver: I have a belly. *chuckles*
Marco: Guys can have a beer belly. It's more difficult to be a woman because you can't have a beer belly or poignes d'amour. Do you know what those are?
Me: I think so...
Marco: Those things like when you open a door...
Me: A doorknob... Oh! It's a direct translation from English: love handles. :)
Marco: I'm skinny so I can eat McDonalds.
Me: I don't like McDonalds. I always eat the real food.
Marco: That's good. :D You're healthy.


moi: I need to work here more often! Hang out with the drivers from Quebec. I love Quebec. :D
Marco: *amused* *to other driver* She says she should work here more often. Yeah! :D Have fun with Marianne. We have fun. :D
moi: I like hanging out with les canadiens.
Marco: No!
moi: What's the word? Les habitants!
Marco: lol. You're funny.

Marco and I talked about how I wanted to be a tour guide. He and his company do tours of old quebec. he told me to look him up. "comme marco polo." lol.

We talked about how there are only mountains in the north of quebec.

He told the other driver that I learned French in Trois-Rivieres. :D

I now have a favourite driver and a favourite bay. :D

I told Marco who the hockey players were. He said he doesn't really follow hockey.

driver to other drivers: Elle parle le francais. :D
moi: Un peu! Un 'ti peu!
other driver: Un peu est mieux que pas du tout. :)

*driver smacks Fana's clipboard*
moi: C'est mechant ca!
*other driver repeats what I said*